2.11.2012

NEW Ironing Board Cover

Two or three weeks ago, I came across this Ironing Board Cover Tutorial from Sweet Verbena via Pinterest.   I was instantly intrigued, knowing a novice sewer like myself could handle this project.  Inspiration to completion in just one single evening.  It left me pleased as punch.

The old, soon-to-be replaced ironing board cover.  A product of bachelor-hood.  Water stained.  Thin and worn.  Ugly, blue and white pattern.  About to become my latest victim.


I had a VERY large chunk of retro-inspired, pink and floral fabric in my stash.  Thanks to my Nana!  I'm not really a pink person.  But somehow, this fabric just seemed right for a new ironing board cover. Sweet, charming, and happy.  This piece of fabric was so large in fact, I was able to skip a number of steps in the tutorial.  The most tedious part of the whole thing was re-stringing the new cover.  Regardless, the whole project seemed like cake and really boosted my sewing confidence.